Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Summer In Full Swing

Here we are, 2011 going on 2025.... Sorry - gots the Blues Brothers on my mind right now....

For lack of a better term, I think "bouncy" describes what's been up lately... variety of things keeping us busy...

A few weeks ago Nic hosted a planning meeting for next years National Homebrewers Conference trying to get it all figured out... travel, a booth, club night, beers, who's going.... there's a LOT to it and I'm really proud of her making it all happen... I shudder to think what a mess this could become if it fell into the wrong hands...

Somebody call the Pope, because Hell has indeed frozen over... I actually got together w/ my brother Peter from New York when he and his wife Susan drove down for the night. Grilled some eats, had some beers, told some (sometimes true) stories...

And for the first time in almost a year, I got to take a VACATION !!!

I headed out to Black Canyon (by Oakridge) last Wednesday night and set up camp for 3 days of solo camping.... campfire, beers, books.... Ahhhh.....

My home for 5 days:
[butt in chair]




Nic came up Saturday morning, brought some fresh supplies (i.e. more beer and ice) and we had a nice time for 3 more days hanging out...

Well, except for the whole trip into town to catch the UO/LSU game at a local pizza joint... Nic not a happy camper after that, and I saw the Beavers had gone down in total shame, so we weren't exactly in great spirits when we got back to camp... that was a real early night for us...

Obligatory chicken pics:


Buffy is a big girl now!!













And so are the other girls!

No comments:

Post a Comment