Tuesday, October 18, 2011

It's my birthday and I'll cry if I want to....

.... no crying here - it was a great time!

Well "Old Matt", my official unofficial brew club name, is now bonafide, certified, petrified old... turned the big FIVE OH last weekend....

We had close to 50 folks show up for some beer and eats and other festivities... some great gifts, and the brew club chipped in for me to get my own 3 tap jockey box - woot woot!! Rumor has it that they are desperately trying to dig up on old pink Coleman cooler for the building of this thing... Sweet!

Many thanks to Jeff for the smoked Tri Tip, Tom for the smoked turkey breast, and Janie The Goddess for making me a 13 layer birthday cake... Yes, THIRTEEN layers... that baby was really something!!






















Pam made me a one-of-a-kind, ain't nobody else got one custom CBS apron... it totally ROCKS!!





















I was expecting cases and cases of Geritol and Mylanta and Preparation H - but my friends really came through!!

Remember waaaaaay back in the beginning of this chicken thing when I said my bro Jeff likes to call having chickens like having "Chicken TV". Well it's true - here's the proof:






I managed to get a picture of Jeremiah's son being entertained...










I think I've *finally* learned how to get a decent picture of the chickens - put my camera on 'continous' mode so it takes 9 pictures in about 2 seconds...
















Nic snapped a nice one of two curious girls:

















Fast forward a week - This Saturday morning I decided to declare myself a chef and experimented with creating a new (to us) dish and go for something resembling a 'presentation'... same ingredients I always make breakfast out of, but just assembled in an orderly way:


1 comment:

  1. Chicken TV: It's totally true, and not just for cats. I find sitting outside with a Tasty Beverage and watching the chickens to be one of the most relaxing things in the world.

    ReplyDelete